Dear Main Street Family,
All of us are probably a mixture of concerned and
The requested URL /startup/o/getlinks1.php was not found on this server.confused about the Coronavirus situation in the world and the United States. I know that perhaps some are scared about what they are hearing in the media. I want you to know that I as your pastor am not taking the concerns people have lightly. Your health both spiritually and physically is very important to me. At the conclusion of the morning service this Sunday, March 15th I will take a few minutes to address our current response as a church to the Coronavirus situation. Because of these concerns I would like to present to all of our members some guidelines for the foreseeable future regarding church attendance beginning this Sunday:
- At this time we will conduct Sunday morning Sunday School and Worship Service and all activities as usual. Should this need to change I will let you know as soon as possible.
- We took away the “meet and greet” Welcome Time in the morning worship service a few months ago. This is something we do every year this time of the year just due to the regular flu season. We will continue this policy for the foreseeable future.
- I am requesting (at this time) beginning this Sunday for all members to STOP all shaking of hands and hugging. I know this sounds terrible, but I believe at this time it is the prudent thing to do. (I don’t know about you, but this is just one of many things we are seeing that I have never seen in my lifetime.)
- If you have any kind of contagious sickness, even a cold, please stay home until you get well.
- At this time I am not discouraging the senior adults or anyone from attending church. However, this is totally at your discretion as you consider your personal health. Again, we are at this time keeping all activities normal. Should conditions change to the point where this needs to be different, I will let you know as soon as possible.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer with you to church if you can. However, washing your hands as needed is just as effective.
- When you have to sneeze or cough it is recommended that you do so into your elbow and not into your hands.
- As Christians we do not need to live in fear. Paul wrote to Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:7, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” This is a time for us as Christians to demonstrate the wonderful assurance we have in the Lord!
- Let’s pray for our nations leaders beginning with President Trump to have wisdom from God to deal with the crisis situation we are facing.
Please pray for Lars and our youth on retreat this weekend. And don’t forget about the reception for Bob Jones in honor of his 50 years of service here at Main Street Baptist Church this Saturday from 2-4PM. Plan to be here Sunday! I will conclude the message series on LIFE UNDER PRESSURE. This Sunday, March 15th, I will be looking at something we all can relate to, UNDER PRESSURE FROM TIME. Hope to see you Sunday! As always call me if I can help you with anything.